In this chapter
This chapter shows how to configure notification settings.
When an notification is raised a notice is sent out to all the concerned users that a particular event has occurred and needs to be dealt with. This process is called notification.
QueryIO provides two modes of notification. They are:
- Email notification
- Log notification
The preferred notification mode can be selected by enabling it and specifying the appropriate sender details.
Configure email settings for the account from which mails will be sent.
- Enabled: Select check box to enable email notification..
- Sender's Name: User friendly name that will be seen when you receive a mail from QueryIO as Sender.
- Sender's Address: The address that will be used to send out the email that is your email address For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMTP Server: The SMTP address of the mail server is to be entered here. For example, smtp.queryio.com
- SMTP Port: The outgoing SMTP port of the mail server is to be entered here. Default is 25.
- Server requires a secure connection(SSL): Check if secure connection is required.
- Authentication: If the mail server requires authentication, authentication details are also required.
- User Name: User name of the sender's Email.
- Password: Password of the above username.
In case the notification is to be logged to a log file then the following information is required.
- Enabled: Select check box to enable log notification..
- Log file path: Path of the log file to which QueryIO should log the notification message.
- Validate: Click on 'Validate' to check the configured notification settings.
- Save: Save notification settings.
- View Log File: Open the configured log notification file.
Copyright © 2018 QueryIO Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
QueryIO, "Big Data Intelligence" and the QueryIO Logo are trademarks
of QueryIO Corporation. Apache, Hadoop and HDFS are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.